2021 IRS 1040 Instructions and Forms are available at the Library.
- Find Forms and Publications
- Get help from the IRS with your Tax Questions
- Try out the IRS Interactive Tax Assistant
- Make a Payment or set up a Payment Schedule
- Learn about Credits & Deductions
- Do you need to File a Tax Return this year?
- Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service Online or by calling 1-973-921-4043
Order Tax Forms by Phone: 1-800-829-3676.
Limited Federal Tax Assistance by Phone: 1-800-829-1040.
Tax Assistance for Hearing Impaired Individuals (TDD): 1-800-829-4059.
Local IRS Office: 1719-C Route 10 East, Parsippany, NJ 07054. 973-808-0821 (for information). 844-545-5640 (to schedule an appointment). Open Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
VITA – Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
The VITA Program is authorized by the IRS to provide free help in preparing tax returns for seniors and those with moderate income.
Using the service involves two short visits to the library..
Appointments are required. Call the adult circulation desk at 908-204-3031, ext. 2, to schedule an appointment.
VITA is committed to serving LOCAL low and moderate income tax-payers.
If you reside outside of the immediate area, visit this page to find a VITA location convenient to you.
- Visit the NJ State Website
- Download Tax Forms
- File for free with NJeFile
- Make Income Tax Payments
- NJ no longer mails Income Tax forms except for the New Jersey Resident Return (NJ-1040). If you filed a paper return last year, you can expect to receive your new tax booklet after the first week of January. You may request a return if you have not received one after February 16, 2021: 609-292-6400.
- Tax Assistance by Phone: 609-292-6400. Available Mon. - Thu., 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Local NJ Tax Office: 75 Veterans Memorial Dr. East Suite 103 Somerville, NJ 08876. 609-292-6400 Mon. - Fri., 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.