Summer Reading Club
The Bernards Township Library is proud to present our
2020 Summer Reading Program, Imagine Your Story
Click here to create an account and download the Summer Reading App.
Register for BTL's virtual summer reading program via ReadSquared! Patrons of all ages can track their reading or literacy activities online to earn prizes. Note that while some things may be different than previous years, some things are the same.
1. We are still offering 5 Program Options:
- Read to Me Club – For babies and children who will be read to by a parent or siblings. Points awarded for number of minutes spent reading. There are 4 levels to go through. Each level equals 180 points and 3 hours of reading.
- Independent Readers Club – For children who are reading on their own up to entering grade 4. Points awarded for number of minutes spent reading. There are 4 levels to go through. Each level equals 180 points and 3 hours of reading.
- Tweens – For children entering grades 5 and 6. There are 4 levels to go through. Each level equals 300 points and 5 hours of reading.
- Teens – Grades 7-12.
- Adults – Ages 18 and up.
2. NEW THIS YEAR: Create a Family Account:
If you are a parent or guardian and would like to create a family account to manage your children’s accounts, simply follow the directions to create an account for yourself, then follow the prompts to register your children. If you have already created an account for yourself, log in and click on the "Account" button on the top menu of your screen, then select "Add Child Account." If your child also already has an account, select "Link Existing Account." Tweens and teens are encouraged to sign themselves up.
3. HELPFUL POINTERS - Logging Time Spent Reading:
For children through age 12 (Read to Me, Independent Readers, and Tweens clubs), points will be awarded for time spent reading. Please choose MINUTES when logging time spent reading. We suggest 15-minute increments as the smallest amount of time, but parents can decide what is best. For registering and for completing each level, participants will earn an online badge and automatically be entered into a raffle for a prize to be awarded at the end of the summer. Adults and teens will log BOOKS read to earn points in those clubs.
4. NEW THIS SUMMER – Missions:
All three children’s clubs have missions to encourage parents and children to read throughout the summer. There are no prizes for the missions, but we hope you will try some of them. Teens and adults can earn points to be used towards prizes for completing missions.
For more information, please see the how-to videos and FAQs, below or contact us at email@example.com