Thanks to The Friends of the Bernards Township Library for sponsoring the Museum Pass Program.
***Please check museum website for specific site hours and ticketing rules before visiting. Some museums may require advance ticketing and/or proof of vaccination. Please contact Circulation Desk (908-204-3031, ext. 2) with any questions.***
- Battleship New Jersey, Camden | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn, NY | pass admits 2 adults & accompanying children 17 and under
- Children's Museum of Manhattan, NYC | pass admits up to 4 people
- Frick Collection, NYC | This package consists of 4 passes to the Frick Collection. Each pass admits 1 person. Children under 10 are not allowed in the galleries.
- Guggenheim Museum, NYC | pass admits 4 people. Children 12 and under are free. A max of 2 additonal guests are also permitted at a cost of $5.
- Liberty Science Center, Jersey City | Present your Bernards Township Library Card for a 10% discount (limit one per household) *tickets must be purchased in person to receive discount*
- Montclair Art Museum Montclair | pass admits 2 adults & accompanying children
- Morris Museum, Morristown | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Madison | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Newark Museum of Art, Newark | pass admits 2 adults & children under 16
- New York Historical Society, NYC | pass admits 2 adults & up to 4 children under 18 *NEW*
- Storm King Art Center, New Windsor, NY | pass admits 6 people per vehicle
- United States Golf Association Museum, Far Hills | pass admits 4 people. Children 12 and under are free
- USS Constitution Museum, Boston, MA | pass admits 9 people **This pass has a special 8-day loan period**
*The Grounds for Sculpture no longer participates in the library pass program
How long may I borrow the museum pass?
Eligible borrowers can borrow a museum pass for 3 days - day 1 pickup pass, day 2 visit museum, day 3 return pass; or, you can pick up the pass any time in the reservation period and return by the due date. Museum passes are never due on Sunday and are not available to Reserve on Sunday. Please reserve your pass for the day you would like to pick it up from the library.
Who can borrow a pass?
- Residents of Bernards Township
- Non-residents who work in Bernards Township
- Bernardsville Residents
Must be registered as adult cardholders at Bernards Township Library.
How do I borrow a pass?
To reserve a pass ahead of time, use our online pass reservation system or call the Adult Circulation Desk at 908-204-3031, ext. 2.
Passes may be borrowed without a reservation if available.
How far in advance may I reserve a pass?
Reservations may be made up to 90 days in advance.
Is there a fee to reserve or borrow a museum pass?
How many passes may I borrow at one time?
One museum pass per family.
May I cancel my reservation?
Reservations may be cancelled up to two days before your museum visit. Please call Circulation if you need to cancel a reservation.
If a cancellation is made the day before the visit, or the pass is not picked up,
a $5.00 fee may be charged to your Library Account.
Where do I pick up my pass?
You pick up your reserved pass in its pouch at the Adult Circulation desk, upper level during Library hours as indicated.
Current Hours: Mon -Thurs: 10:00-9:00 | Fri: 10:00-5:00 | Sat: 10:00-5:00
When do I return my pass?
You return your museum pass in the pouch on the designated due date.
The Library has purchased a single set of museum passes and we rely on borrowers to return passes promptly so that as many people as possible will enjoy the program.
Are there overdue fees for late returns?
Yes, $5.00/day, no exceptions, no maximum fine limit.
May I return the museum pass in any of the book drops?
You may return the museum pass in the Library’s onsite book drops during hours the Library is closed.
Please do not return it in the offsite book drops.
What if I lose the pass?
You are charged the replacement fee, ranging from $50—$500.
Why were these museums chosen for the program?
The museums were selected based on their interest in participating in the Library’s museum pass program.