Thanks to The Friends of the Bernards Township Library for sponsoring the Museum Pass Program.
Check out one of our FREE passes to museums in New Jersey and New York
- Grounds for Sculpture, Hamilton | pass admits 4 people
- Morris Museum, Morristown | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Madison | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Newark Museum, Newark | pass admits 2 adults & children in a family
- United States Golf Association Museum, Far Hills | pass admits 4 people
- Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, NYC | pass admits 2 adults & children in a family
- Frick Collection, NYC | pass admits 4 adults
- Guggenheim Museum, NYC | pass admits 4 adults
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Complex, NYC | pass admits 6 people
Who can borrow a pass?
- Residents of Bernards Township
- Non-residents who work in Bernards Township
- Bernardsville Residents
All must be registered as adult cardholders at Bernards Township Library.
How do I borrow a pass?
To reserve a pass ahead of time visit the Library or call the Adult Circulation Desk at 908-204-3031, ext. 2.
Passes may be borrowed without a reservation if available.
How far in advance may I reserve a pass?
Reservations may be made up to 90 days in advance.
Is there a fee to reserve or borrow a museum pass?
How many passes may I borrow at one time?
One museum pass per family.
May I cancel my reservation?
Reservations may be cancelled up to two days before your museum visit.
If a cancellation is made the day before the visit, or the pass is not picked up,
a $5.00 fee may be charged to your Library Account.
How long may I borrow the museum pass on weekdays?
You may borrow the museum pass for one day; pick-up is after 3:00 pm the previous day,
and return is by 11:00 am following the visit.
How long may I borrow the museum pass on weekends?
You may borrow the museum pass for the entire weekend; pick-up is between 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Friday,
and return is by 11:00 am on Monday.
When and where do I pick up my pass?
You pick up your reserved pass at the Adult Circulation desk, upper level,
after 3:00 pm the day before your scheduled museum visit. Check Library hours
on this brochure for closing times to be sure you arrive on time.
When do I return my pass?
You return your museum pass in the pouch by 11:00 am the day after your scheduled museum visit
(weekend users have until Monday by 11:00 am). Check Library opening times on this brochure.
The Library has purchased a single set of museum passes. We rely on borrowers to return passes
promptly so that as many people as possible will enjoy the program.
Are there overdue fees for late returns?
Yes, $5.00/day, no exceptions, no maximum fine limit.
May I return the museum pass in any of the book drops?
You may return the museum pass in the Library’s onsite book drops during hours the Library is closed.
Please do not return it in the offsite book drops.
What if I lose the pass?
You are charged the replacement fee, ranging from $50—$500.
Why were these museums chosen for the program?
The museums were selected based on their interest in participating in the Library’s museum pass program.