Thanks to The Friends of the Bernards Township Library for sponsoring the Museum Pass Program.
New Jersey- Available now!
- Battleship New Jersey, Camden | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Liberty Science Center, Jersey City | Present your Bernards Township Library Card for a 10% discount (limit one per household)
- Morris Museum, Morristown | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Madison | pass admits 2 adults, 3 children in a family
- Newark Museum, Newark | pass admits 2 adults & children in a family- TEMPORARILY CLOSED
- United States Golf Association Museum, Far Hills | pass admits 4 people
*The Grounds for Sculpture no longer participates in the library pass program
New York- Returning soon!
- Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, NYC | pass admits 2 adults & children in a family
- Frick Collection, NYC | pass admits 4 adults
- Guggenheim Museum, NYC | pass admits 4 adults
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Complex, NYC | pass admits 6 people
Who can borrow a pass?
- Residents of Bernards Township
- Non-residents who work in Bernards Township
- Bernardsville Residents
Must be registered as adult cardholders at Bernards Township Library.
How do I borrow a pass?
To reserve a pass ahead of time, use our online pass reservation system or call the Adult Circulation Desk at 908-204-3031, ext. 2.
Passes may be borrowed without a reservation if available.
How far in advance may I reserve a pass?
Reservations may be made up to 90 days in advance.
Is there a fee to reserve or borrow a museum pass?
How many passes may I borrow at one time?
One museum pass per family.
May I cancel my reservation?
Reservations may be cancelled up to two days before your museum visit.
If a cancellation is made the day before the visit, or the pass is not picked up,
a $5.00 fee may be charged to your Library Account.
How long may I borrow the museum pass?
Eligible borrowers can borrow a museum pass for 3 days - day 1 pickup pass, day 2 visit museum, day 3 return pass; or, you can pick up the pass any time in the reservation period and return by the due date. Museum passes are never due on Sunday and are not available to Reserve on Sunday.
Where do I pick up my pass?
You pick up your reserved pass in its pouch at the Adult Circulation desk, upper level during Library hours as indicated.
Current Hours: Mon -Thurs: 11:00-7:00 | Fri: 11:00-5:00 | Sat: 10:00-2:00
When do I return my pass?
You return your museum pass in the pouch by 11:00 am the day after your scheduled museum visit;
weekend users have until Monday by 11:00 am. The Library has purchased a single set of museum passes.
We rely on borrowers to return passes promptly so that as many people as possible will enjoy the program.
Are there overdue fees for late returns?
Yes, $5.00/day, no exceptions, no maximum fine limit.
May I return the museum pass in any of the book drops?
You may return the museum pass in the Library’s onsite book drops during hours the Library is closed.
Please do not return it in the offsite book drops.
What if I lose the pass?
You are charged the replacement fee, ranging from $50—$500.
Why were these museums chosen for the program?
The museums were selected based on their interest in participating in the Library’s museum pass program.