Open Enrollment ends on December 15
Visit Healthcare.gov to sign up.
In New Jersey, health care coverage is required. To learn more, visit the NJ State Library's information page here.
For more information, call (908-204-3031, ext. 4), text (908-365-0776), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visit the Reference Desk to see the ACA notebook, filled with helpful resources..
- Medline Plus includes links to reliable, understandable health websites from the National Institute of Health produced by the National Library of Medicine
- PubMed comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- Healthfinder is a government site with information and tools to stay healthy. Resources from over 1600 government and non-profit organizations.
- The Cleveland Clinic Health Information Center provides information on over 900 health topics. Podcasts, webcasts, and transcripts of web chats with physicians are also available as well as a live chat service.
- Mayo Clinic has consumer health information provided by Mayo Clinic experts.
The Consumer Library Information Prescription (CLIP) program is a free medical information service provided by the Atlantic Health System Libraries to all patients, their families or caregivers, and the public. Detailed information on 675,000 physicians and 180,000 dentists. To contact them, click here, call 908-522-2699, fax your request to 908-522-2274 or email request to email@example.com.
The New Jersey Department of Health site includes many tools to help you select a doctor or health facility.
- The Bernards Township Health Department is the Public Health agency for our community and is charged with protecting people's health and well-being. It provides clinical services, licensing, programs and more.
- The VNA of Somerset Hills provides home health and hospice care, adult day services, caregiver assistance, and wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents.
- Visit the Somerset County Human Services page to find information on many health services available to seniors, children, veterans and others in our county.
- The Somerset County Division of Transportation provides transit services to senior citizens (age 60+) and persons with disabilities (age 18+) for medical appointments and other destinations as pre-determined.
Bernards Township Library has partnered with the Atlantic Health System – Morristown Medical Center Library, to provide the community with health tote bags targeted to specific health topics. This collaborative project is funded by Morristown Medical Center.
Health topics include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bereavement and Grief
- Caregiver Health
- Fall & Injury Prevention
- Heart Health
- Healthy Weight
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Mental Health
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Strength Improvement
- Stroke Recovery
- Substance Abuse
Atlantic Health System used the Community Health Needs Assessment to choose priority health issues for the tote bags. Experts at the medical center selected the books, CDs, DVDs and handouts for the bags. Bernards Township Library has added the “Health and Living Well Resources in Our Community” brochures.
The tote bags are available now to check out for 28 days. The bags are located in the upper level of the Library by the cactus garden. For questions or further information, please visit or call the reference desk at 908-204-3031 ext. 4.