Pickup hours are Monday-Thursday, 11-7 and Friday 11-5.
How it Works:
1. Place a hold on a book, audiobook, or movie. Only items available at Bernards Township Library can be placed on hold. You may place a hold by:
- Placing a hold online in the library catalog.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling the Library at 908-204-3031 option 1
- Texting us at 908-365-0776.
Not sure exactly what you want? Fill out the What Should I Read Next form and we'll prepare a bundle of books for you.
2. Wait for the Library to tell you the item(s) are available.
When your item(s) is ready for pickup, you will receive a notification by phone, text or email.
3. You may pick up your items the NEXT DAY after receiving your notification. 15 minutes before you plan to pickup, call 908-204-3031 option 1. You will need to confirm your name and library card number.
4. Upon arriving at the Library Parking Lot, park in one of the 3 designated spaces in the library's back lot (parallel to the library building). If these spots are full, please pull into another spot until a Curbside Spot is free. Please have a mask on, open your trunk and return to/stay in your car. Your items will be delivered to your car by a staff member. If you need further assistance, please call the Curbside Team at 908-204-3031 ext. 1.
Returns will be accepted in the book drops only. Staff will not be able to handle returns. Items returned will be quarantined for 72 hours and will remain on your account during this time. No late fines will incur.
Things to Know
We are not accepting any donations at this time.
We cannot accept fine money at Curbside Pick Up. Fines can be paid by check and mailed to 32 South Maple Ave. Basking Ridge, NJ. We are not able to accept cash at this time.
Items not picked up within seven days will be returned to the shelves.
At this time, holds are only available on items owned by Bernards Township Library. Other MAIN Libraries may allow you to Curbside Pickup items, but you will need to contact them directly. All items must be returned to the library where you picked them up.