- About Us
- Online Resources
- How Do I?
- Subject Guides
Bernards Township Library Booking Guidelines for Library Program Room Use
- Provide name and phone/email information of the group’s contact person who must be a Bernards Township resident and represent a non-profit group.
- Agree that the group neither charge admission nor sell goods or services. All meetings must be open to the general public and attendees at any meeting are not required to be members of the sponsoring organization or group.
- Complete, sign and return the Library’s “Program Room Use Application”.
Groups are responsible for the following:
- Booking Priority: Library and Township functions and Library related activities have priority over any and all non-library uses. The Library may cancel any reservation due to improper use of facilities on a prior occasion. The Library may cancel or amend the length of any reservation according to its discretion for unsafe conditions or failure of necessary equipment. Meeting space will not be provided for social gatherings or events.
- Hold Harmless: The group agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Bernards Township Library, its officers, employees and agents from any loss, damage, liability, costs and/or expenses that may arise during or be caused in any way by use of the Library facilities and equipment by the group or invitees of the group. Damage to the Library property, beyond ordinary wear and tear, will be charged to the group. There must be no nailing to floors, walls, or fixtures, and the building equipment must not be marked or defaced in any manner. Use of open flames or candles in the meeting rooms is prohibited.
- Publicity: Provide group members and intended audience (if program is public) with program information and directions to the library, and/or with a contact number/email address etc.
- Parking Monitoring: Alert group members to avoid parking in the upper and lower parking lots adjacent to the library building. Direct them to the lower lot entered from Lindbergh Lane, across the street in the municipal parking lot on South Maple Avenue, or on area side streets.
- All Program Supplies: Provide food and food service supplies, program equipment, and signage as needed.
- Clean Up and Closing Requirements: Leave program room and kitchen clean, and be ready to leave the library no later than five minutes before closing time.
Cancellation: If an organization or group needs to cancel a reservation, it should notify the Library a minimum of 24 hours in advance.